Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Under the influence of serenity

I watched the movie "Crash" a few nights ago. Beyond the foul language, and one lewd scene that was skipped, the movie was enlightening. I appreciated its raw honesty.
Real life was depicted in all its brashness and audacity.

I found myself curled up on the couch, grateful for the hope that I have in Christ--that there is hope. There IS hope. For those pained families that experience that same harsh reality everyday, there is hope. There is healing. Tragically, the prejudices depicted on film are the daily struggles faced by so many.

The longer I live, the more I long for the Lord.

Just this morning, I was overwhelmed by various situations, and all I could think to do was "run" home and be with Him.

"Come here and cry on my shoulder, I'll hold you until it's over. I'll rescue you tonight..."

2 comments:

Joy said...

And I always enjoy reading you.

Crash is one of, if not the favorite, of my movies. I like films like that which so unflinchingly look at the way people relate--even if it's sometimes in a painful way. I think we learn from such things.

(But--uh-oh...it's R-rated! ;-))

Unknown said...

beautiful writing...