Monday, June 04, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well...the day is here. I am sitting in the airport Starbucks...heart starting to beat faster. My aunt and cousin just left after we enjoyed a morning cup of coffee together. We have spent the last few days in Orlando, just enjoying Disney world. What a way to leave the states! :-)

I have enjoyed the time here. My cousin, James, and I have always been very close. I hate to use the term "cousin" for him, since he is more like the big brother that the family tree didn't give. He has always looked out for me, and his love is like a shelter for me. I have absolutely loved seeing him.

Ok...confession: I am a nervous flyer. Sure, I like the luxury of it all--movies, music, food...but I never can figure out what is normal turbulence and what is not. I can never calm myself down. My doctor gave me 10 days worth of sleeping pills to start adjusting to a new time change, which I am thankful for. His words: "Take one when you leave New York...you'll wake up in South Korea." Fabulous!

Well, that's all for now really. But here I go.

"So kiss me and smile for me.
Tell me that you'll wait for me.
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
Because I'm leaving on a jet plane.
I don't know when I'll be back again..."

No comments: